Sunday, March 2, 2008

The 1st of March

First day of March and it was a beautiful day at the lake. Forecast called for WNW 10-20mph. That was enough to get Rob and I on the water, especially with air temps in the 60s. Rob got out earlier than I did on an 8.0 sail and got in some good runs for about 30 minutes and then came in. I arrived and at that point, we both decided the bigger 9.6 sails were the call even though we would probably get overpowered on some bigger gusts. We sailed for about 2 hours in 5-20mph wind. We were planing half the time and a few gusts did just about blow us off the water on those big sails. But the 9.6 was the right call overall, particularly since we used our adjustable outhauls....a must for those gusty lightwind days with big sails on the lake. This was the most gusty it's been for me at the lake in quite a while. But it was a beautiful blue sky day and lots of sailboats were out. Since last November, I've windsurfed 12 days, 7 of those in 2008. Hopefully, this is a pace that will resume and pick up even more steam the rest of the year.

Here is a very short video clip from my Sanyo Xacti waterproof video camera. It's a couple of clips of Rob getting some of the gusts. It's a little shaky and the quality is low. I think I need to change some settings before using it again.

No comments: