Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blast From the Past

I used to write the newsletter for the Belews Creek Windsurfing Club. That club was made up of members in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area. It still exists today but is now called the Triad Windsurfing Club. Anyway, I still have copies of most of those newsletters. Its ironic that I've transitioned that writing to a blog site. I still feel like I'm sometimes writing a newsletter. Below is an old photo from March 2001 after a session at Belews Creek, and the exact caption that was under the photo on the newsletter's cover. From time to time this year, I may post some of that old material as there were some really good (and hilarious) trip reports that are still somewhat useful and valid today.


Above: Nothing Like Spring Sailin’! Several of the club members showed up at our site on Belews Creek to sail on a windy Saturday in March. From left to right: Jeff Clark, Rob Cornwell, Mac Barnhardt, Jeff Shanklin, Karol Wolicki, Don Wrenn, and Jan De Looze. More photos from Belews and the recent WindFest 2001 in Hatteras inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mac. I joined the Belews club a couple years ago. Don and I are still grabbing every session we can. Hope to sail with you at the OB sometime.

Waterturtle said...

Ralph, Looking forward to meeting you out on the water!

gmcochran said...

Is the Triad Windsurfing Club still active? I live in Winston-Salem, NC and sail a Force 5 sailboat (a small one man racing boat www.force5sailboats.com). I am interested in joining to club to have a "beach" launching area for this boat. Is this possible? Who would I contact for information? (I also kayak)