Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Aloha

I'm very proud to participate in a sport that gives back to the local community.  From Georgia to North and South Carolina to Lake Tahoe, I think every stand up paddle race we've done (since 2008) has benefitted local charities and causes.

Our local SUP shop, My Aloha Paddle Sports, put on another local race last weekend.  Stoked with a 1st in Men's Elite 14' and 1st for my daughter in Women's Elite 12'6" race....but more importantly the event raised more than $1900 for the local Habitat for Humanity chapter, Our Towns.  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for the race.  Dan Myers did a great job setting up the triangular buoy (and almost 5 mile) course and running the race.  Big thanks to both Dan and to Rob Bennett and the folks at My Aloha for putting on the event and supporting a great local cause.

A couple pics below that my bride took, plus here are some great pics here, here, and here.






No comments: