Monday, April 6, 2009

Post work sesh & "local" wavesailing update

Got in a post work sesh today. Gotta love daylight savings time. Was fully powered on my 5.4 and my 100lt board (I'm 200lbs in wetsuit and harness) in WNW 20-30mph wind.

Here's Tommy coming in for a smaller board & sail...the wind was picking up -



Donald on a speed run -



Last Friday, Sullivan Island Dave reported nice side-off down the line wavesailing in light winds and waist to chest high waves on his 5.3 and SUP board at Isle of Palm, SC.

On the same day, Alan and Donald trekked down to Kure Beach/Fort Fisher/Corncake Inlet for some solid wavesailing along with local Brian on 4s/5s. We all love Hatteras but this spot is 2 hours closer than Hatteras and easily can be made in a day trip. Here's Donald smacking a nice wave - great shot taken by Alan that I lifted off the Charlotte Windsurfing web site. Go there and click on Donald's wavesailing photo to see some more pics. Also check out the forum section for some great pics taken by Donald.



Going to Caberete, Dominican Republic next week. I think our place has wireless internet so I hope to be posting fairly regularly with some updates.

No comments: